Welcome! Video visits are an easy and convenient way to have a visit with your provider by video chat using a mobile device.
What Do I Need?
Just a mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Android phone, or Android tablet) and a video visit made by our schedulers.
How Do I Do This?
It's easy! First, call your provider’s office or the main line at 212-305-8555 and ask to have a video visit appointment scheduled. Then, just follow these 3 steps:
1. Sign up for Connect.
- If you do not have an email to set up a Connect account, that's OK, skip to step #2.
- Open email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow account set-up instructions
- Click Sign-In
- Review and Accept Terms and Conditions
2. Download and Setup the MyChart App
- Download the MyChart app in the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android)
- For organization, search for "Columbia" and choose "Columbia University Irving Medical Center"
- Sign in with your Connect account. If you do not have a Connect account, click "Sign Up Now" and follow the instructions
3. Start Video Visit at the Scheduled Time
- Open your MyChart app.
- Sign in with your Connect account. If needed, go back to step #2 to make sure the app is setup
- Click "Appointments" (Do not click the stethoscope "E-Visit" icon)
- Click on the appropriate Video Visit appointment
- Review and accept terms and conditions under eCheck-in
- Once green, click the "Begin Visit" button at the bottom of your screen.
- Make sure you are in a quiet, well-lit room with a strong internet signal
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the app on your phone or tablet
- You, or your physician, can start the video visit up to 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time
- If you minimize the app during your visit, the camera will pause but the microphone will still be on
- If your connection gets lost, you can restart the video visit by following the steps listed above
For technical support, contact Connect Technical Support at 646-962-4200.
Need to Change Your Appointment?
To change your appointment, please contact your provider's office or call the otolaryngology department's main line at 212-305-8555.