- Assistant Professor of Audiology (in Otolaryngology—Head & Neck Surgery) at CUMC
This provider accepts new patients
Appointment Phone Number: (646) 317-5200
Flora Ingalls Holderbaum, Au.D., currently serves as Assistant Professor of Audiology at Columbia University Medical Center. She provides audiology services for CUMC’s ColumbiaDoctors Otolaryngology locations. Dr. Holderbaum performs Complete Audiologic Evaluation of patients receiving otology care, with sub-specialty in Pediatric Audiology assessments. She also provides hearing aid services at ColumbiaDoctors Otolaryngology/Audiology practice in Riverdale, the Bronx.
Dr. Holderbaum graduated from the State University of New York at Fredonia with a Bachelor of Education in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology. She earned her Master of Arts in Audiology at the University of Kansas Medical Center. While at UKMC she had a fellowship in Pediatric Audiology, participating in the innovative team approach to the diagnosis of developmentally delayed children. Her Clinical Fellowship Year was spent at Bexar County Hospital in San Antonio, Texas. After moving to NYC, she later achieved her Doctor of Audiology degree through Salus University’s School of Audiology.
As part of the audiology staff of Health and Hospital Corporation’s Bellevue Hospital, Dr. Holderbaum was instrumental in the development of Newborn Hearing Screening program at that facility. As part of the Pediatric Resource Center’s Early Intervention Assessment Team, she collaborated with NYU Medical Center’s Developmental Pediatricians and Child Life Specialists. In that role she provided audiologic services for children undergoing assessments for developmental delay and communicated with service coordinators and educators. At Bellevue Hospital Dr. Holderbaum became proficient in conversational Spanish and developed a multi-cultural sensitivity for counseling the institution’s varied patient population. Dr. Holderbaum is committed to public health concerns as they relate to ears and hearing.
Dr. Holderbaum is licensed to practice Audiology in the state of New York. She is nationally certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, and is a member of the New York State Speech-Language Hearing Association and the American Academy of Audiology.
Areas of Expertise
- Hearing Evaluation
- Hearing Loss
- Audiological Evaluations
Education and Training
- MA, Audiology, University of Kansas Medical School
- AuD, Clinical Doctor of Audiology, Salus University
ColumbiaDoctors Riverdale3050 Corlear Avenue
Bronx, NY 10463
- For new and current patient appointments, call:
- (646) 317-5200
- (646) 317-5201
Practices and Centers
- ColumbiaDoctors Riverdale
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, NY Signature, NYP Employee Plan, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- Affinity [Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care]
- AgeWell [Medicare Managed Care, Special Needs Plan]
- Amida Care [Special Needs Plan]
- Capital District Physician Health Plan [Capital District Physician Health Plan]
- Cigna [EPO, Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Emblem/GHI [Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Emblem/HIP [ConnectiCare, EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [EPO, Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HealthPlus [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care]
- Fidelis Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Healthfirst [Child/Family Health Plus, Leaf (Exchange), Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Local 1199 [Local 1199]
- MagnaCare [MagnaCare]
- Multiplan [Multiplan]
- MVP Health Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty]
- UnitedHealthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, Compass (Exchange), HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare Managed Care, SelectHealth, Special Needs Plan]