- Assistant Professor of Audiology (in Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery) at CUMC
Current Administrative Positions
- Director, Audiology Division
This provider accepts new patients
Appointment Phone Number: (212) 305-0029
Jessica Galatioto is the Director of Audiology at Columbia University Medical Center (CUMC) and serves as Assistant Professor of Audiology. Dr. Galatioto has been practicing Audiology in New York City since 2003. Prior to joining CUMC, Dr. Galatioto served as a Supervisor of Audiology at The New York Eye & Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai for almost 14 years. Dr. Galatioto also served as an Adjunct Professor at the City University of New York Graduate Center for 7 years and for 8 years taught Vestibular courses at Adelphi University for the Doctor of Audiology programs. Dr. Galatioto also enjoys participating in research, specifically pertaining to hearing loss and diagnostic vestibular testing
Dr. Galatioto'a clinical focus lie in audiological diagnostic testing, vestibular diagnostic testing, pediatric vestibular disorders, electrophysiological evaluation and adult amplification. She received a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Hearing and Speech Sciences from the University of Maryland. Shortly after, she then completed her Master of Science Degree in Communicative Sciences, with a concentration in Audiology, at Hunter College. She received her Doctorate in Audiology from Salus University.
Dr. Galatioto holds the Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-LanguageÃ¢â‚¬ÂHearing Association (ASHA). She is also a fellow of the American Academy of Audiology (AAA).
Areas of Expertise
Education and Training
- MS, 2003 Communication Sciences Audiology Concentration, Hunter College, City University of New York
- AuD, 2008 Audiology, Salus University
CUMC/Harkness Pavilion180 Fort Washington Avenue
New York, NY 10032
- (212) 305-0029
- (212) 305-9201
ColumbiaDoctors Midtown51 West 51st Street
New York, NY 10019
- (212) 305-0029
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- [UHC/OXF - The Empire Plan, UHC/OXF - The Empire Plan (CD)]
- AETNA [Aetna Signature Administrators, EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, NYP Employee Plan, NY Signature, POS, PPO, Student Health]
- Affinity Health Plan [Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care]
- AgeWell [Medicare Managed Care, Special Needs]
- Amida Care [Special Needs]
- CIGNA [EPO, Great West (National), HMO, POS, PPO]
- Emblem/GHI [Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Emblem/HIP [ConnectiCare, EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HealthPlus [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care]
- Fidelis Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Healthfirst [Child/Family Health Plus, Leaf (Exchange), Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Local 1199 [Local 1199]
- MagnaCare (National) [MagnaCare]
- Medicare [Railroad, Traditional Medicare]
- Multiplan [Multiplan]
- MVP Health Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty]
- RiverSpring [Special Needs]
- UnitedHealthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, Compass (Exchange), Empire Plan, HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare Managed Care, SelectHealth, Special Needs]
June 2003 - February 2017
The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai , New York, NY
- Gravel J.S. & O'Gara J. Communication options for children with hearing loss. Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities Research Review. 2003; 9 (4):243-51.
- Lei-rivera L, Sutera J, Galatioto JA, Hujsak BD, Gurley JM. Special tools for the assessment of balance and dizziness in individuals with mild traumatic brain injury. NeuroRehabilitation. 2013;32(3):463-72.
- Gandolfi MM, Reilly EK, Galatioto J, Judson RB, Kim AH. Cost-effective analysis of unilateral vestibular weakness investigation. Otol Neurotol. 2015;36(2):277-81.
- Chan FM, Galatioto J, Amato M, Kim AH. Normative data for rotational chair stratified by age. Laryngoscope. 2016;126(2):460-3.
- Judson R, Galatioto J. Computerized Testing for the Vestibular Patient. In: Weber, P. Vertigo and Disequilibrium: A practical guide for diagnosis and management. 2nd ed. New York, NY. Thieme Publishers. December 2016.